Tuesday 9 April 2013

CERVICAL CAUTERIZATION


CERVICAL CAUTERIZATION
Introduction
            This is performed by electric cautery. In electrocautery there is simple burning of diseased tissue while with diathermy cautery there is electrocoagulation (i.e, both incision and coagulation) of diseased tissue. Electrocoagulatio (with high frequency monopolar electrode) is better than electrocautery because the penetration of heat and destruction of diseased gland tissue are uniform and controllable. As electrocautery is quite cheaper than diathermy cautery it is widely used.
Definition
Cervical cauterization is a procedure that is used to destroy abnormal (noncancerous or precancerous) cells on the opening to the womb (cervix). Cauterization is carried out through the use of heat, electricity, cold, corrosive chemicals or laser. The most common methods involve high frequency electric current (electrocoagulation) or freezing (cryocauterization, cryosurgery).
Indication
Cervical cauterization is commonly used ti treat inflammation of the cervix (cervicitis), liquid-filled sacs (cysts) and precancerous lesions of the cervix, such as small areas of  abnormal tissue (cervical dysplasia). Cauterization is used to treat cervical lesions caused by human papilloma virus (HPV) AS 80% of cervical cancers are associated with HPV. It may also be used to stop bleeding that is occurring either spontaneously or following a cervical procedure such as cervical biopsy, cervical polypectomy or cervical conization. Cervical cancer itself is not treated with cauterization but by more aggressive means including surgery and radiation therapy.
Contraindications
Acute cervicitis, vaginitis, pregnancy, acute pelvic inflammatory disease and suspected early invasion carcinoma of cervix under evaluation.
Procedure
Cauterization is performed in outpatient surgery centers and hospital. The woman lies on the exam table in lithotomy position. A speculum is inserted into vagina to hold it open to allow visualization of the cervix. The cervix is cleaned using a vaginal swab that is soaked in a salt solution (saline). Using a lighted, magnifying instrument (colposcope), the vagina and cervix are carefully examined for signs of inflammation or abnormal surface patterns. To allow visualization of abnormal surfaces, a solution of acetic acid is applied to the cervix. The acetic acid turns precancerous and cancerous regions of the cervix white (acetowhitening). A surface anesthetic or cervical nerve block may be administered a few minutes prior to cauterization. Cauterization is performed on any abnormal-appearing regions of the cervix. The method chosen depends on the experience of the physician, availability of necessary equipment and extent and location of lesion.
Electrocoagulation diatherapy uses electric current to destroy tissue. The current is delivered to the tissue through needle or ball electrodes. Electrocoagulation diathermy of deep cervical tissue requires general anesthesia. The most common office procedure for these conditions is Loop Electrical Excision Procedure (LEEP). The excision is done with an electrical wire so that precise control of the excision and electrocoagulation for hemostasis are accomplished. Injection of local anesthesia is necessary for this to be done in the office setting. Sometimes general anesthesia is required.
Chemical cautherization is used to treat cervical cysts, precancerous erosions of the cervix and cervicitis. The area to be cauterized must be dried using a cotton swab to prevent the chemical from trickling onto normal tissue. A cotton swab that has been moistened with the chemical cauterant (e.g biochloracetic acid) is touched to the cervical lesion. Cervical cysts would be punctured before application of the cauterant. After a few minutes the cauterized area is wiped with a dry swab to remove any residual chemical. Laser cauterization (laser vaporization) is an effective treatment of all cervical dysplasias including those that are too large for cryocauterizatiuonand those that slightly extend into the cervical canal (endocervix). Because of the expense of laser cautery equipment, most laser cauterizations are performed in outpatient surgery centers and hospitals and frequently involve general anesthesia. Laser cauterization is carried out by aiming a carbon dioxide laser beam at the cervical dysplasia. Because of the fine degree of control over the depth and width of tissue destruction, the laser can precisely vaporize the dysplasia while leaving adjacent normal tissue intact. A smoke evacuator is utilized to remove smoke from the vagina. Antibiotics and analgesics are prescribed as needed.
After-treatment
            Inform the patient that there will be excessive vaginal discharge for about 3 weeks. Abstinence from sexual intercourse for 3 weeks. Vaginal pessary or antiseptic cream is usually not necessary. Only if the discharge becomes infective they are indicated. Follow-up after 6 weeks: (1) If erosion has not healed completely repeat cauterization is indicated. (2) Pass a uterine sound to check that cervix is not stenosed.
Prognosis
            Electrocoagulation has a high success rate and is associated with a recurrence rate of 3% to 14%. Chemical cauterization has a high success rate for mild dysplasias. Laser cauterization has a high success rate and a recurrence rate of 4% to 23%.


Complications
            Complications associated with cervical cauterization include uterine cramping, lightheadedness, hot flashes and headaches (vasomotor reactions), profuse watery vaginal discharge, bleeding (hemorrhage), upwardly spreading (ascending) infection and narrowing (stenosis) of the cervical canal.  

5 comments:

  1. You made some decent points there. I appeared on the web for the problem and found most people will go together with with your website. slots for real money

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 29 years old and I was diagnosis of Breast cancer, easy well and have a similar story except my first acceptance as a Herbal medicine denials. I wasn’t into the movement Perseid and didn’t establish connections with any of them really, just had faith in believing how they work. I say this because it was during using Dr Itua herbal medicine i now then testify herbal medicine is real, Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my breast cancer I was suffering from for 2 years. Dr Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs which has no side effect and is easy to drink as well. Contact Dr Itua herbal Center if you are suffering from the same Breast Cancer or any kind of human Diseases including....HIV/AIDS, HERPES COLORECTAL CANCER, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, SKIN CANCER, UTERINE CANCER, LEUKEMIA, VIRUS, HEPATITIS, WOMEN/MEN INFERTILITY, LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY SPELL. HIS CONTACT EMAIL/WHATSAPP: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr Itua cures my HIV, I have been an ARV Consumption for 10 years. I have been in pain until I came across Dr Itua on a blog site. I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location I explained everything to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cure me, he gave me guarantee, He asks me to pay for items fees so when I'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua. I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days. Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work. My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and the rest of my friends did too, Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what I'm talking about if you have the same problem I was having then not now though. I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center. I have his calendar too that he recently sent me, He Cures all kind disease Like, Cancer,Weak Erection, Wart Remover,Hpv, Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease, Heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy,Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Brain Cancer, Lung Cancer, Infertility,Parkinson's disease, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Epilepsy disease, small-round-cell tumor Diabetes,Celiac disease, Ataxia, Arthritis, measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio, Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma, Asthma, Allergic diseases.Hiv/Aids,Herpe ,Copd, Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back. Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herbal medicine is the best Greetings I am here to testify how great man called Dr OMO helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my fibroids and Getting pregnant after 8 years of try to conceive with fibroids I takes his product (cure for my fibroid made with herbal medicine Root) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally pregnant after 2months of using dr omo herbs he also have Herbal medical for all types of diseases, and i promise him that i will tell the world about his Great job he ask me to drink from the herbal medicine before meeting my husband I did and after 2months I was pregnant thank you for your great job he can also help you if you have a low sperm count you want to convince a baby fast PCOS ,infections, stomach ucler , COPD Endometriosis, breast cancer,HIV?AID,ALS, yeast infection, Gonorrhea, Chronic Sinus, HPV low testosterone, Herpes, blocked fallopian tubes Liver parasites ovarian Arthritis, Cysts, pile, ASTHMA, Crowns and all other type of diseases,WEAK ERECTION, STRETCH MARK REMOVER , breast cancer, Parkinson's, male-enhancement Cream, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, pile, Get lost period back, stop period pain, Email : dromo596@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349033505260 thank you for all your work..

    ReplyDelete